5 tips to keep motivated this winter
Share This Article
Inactivity during the winter months is common, but it is important to remember that regular exercise is essential to life-long health.
- Equipment set up - Make the most of your equipment by having it set up in a designated part of your house. Make sure it is clear of any obstructions, it’s serviced, and ready to be switched on. It’s also handy to have your workout clothes set up so early in the morning or late at night you can slide right into them and get your training going.
- Partner up - An exercise partner will help you to stay motivated when it’s cold outside, so phone a friend and get active together. One can be on the treadmill or vibration machine while the other is doing squats, sit ups or push ups.
- Mix it up - Winter is a great time to experiment with your workout. Use a new piece of gym equipment or set up a new program on an existing exercise machine.
- Get expert advice - Talk to our staff and fitness professionals to keep your exercise program fun and challenging during winter.
- Use social media - Tell your friends on Facebook that you are jumping on your treadmill. Once you’ve done that, you are more likely to stay committed.