Healthy weight loss should be achieved slowly and with plenty of exercise. That said, there are some quick tricks you can do to feel a little leaner in just 24 hours.
- In the morning, drink a warm cup of water with a slice of lemon. This helps kick start your digestive system for the day and gets things moving.
- Go Diary-free at breakfast. Some people find diary can cause discomfort in the belly. Try some diary-free recipes.
- Yoga Detox: Yoga twists help rid your body of toxins by helping your digestion. This yoga detox sequence includes plenty of twists and stretches to help you wake up and feel your best.
- Drinking a smoothie for morning tea keeps your digestion moving and can flush toxins that start building in the body.
- Chewing: Eating too quickly can involve inhaling more air and then having it trapped in your system which leads to bloating. Try to slow down when you eat and enjoy each mouth full.
- Same goes for chewing gum. Eliminate this to avoid an unnecessary build up of air in the system.
- Water: Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Not only does it keep you hydrated, it’s flushing out toxins and extra salt. Keep a water bottle with you at all times to remind you to drink more.
- Quinoa: Said to be a superfood, it contains many nutrients like fibre and potassium which will fill you up without leaving feeling bloated. Get some recipes.
- Keep your portions in check. One of the causes of bloating could be over-eating.
- Snack time: Many women don’t get enough fibre so an afternoon pick me up is the perfect time to snack on foods like avocado, raspberries, chia seeds, and pears. You should aim to get 25 – 30 grams of fibre a day.
- Drink a de-bloating tea: Spices like cinnamon and ginger help clear out your system. Mint tea can also help soothe your stomach, so opt for that if you need a refreshing end to your dinner.
Do you suffer from bloating? Or have some flat belly secrets to share? Comment below and help another fit friend out.