With all the excitement of the New Year, people begin to consider what they want out of it. Do they want to travel the world? Do they want to start working out and eating healthy?
The resolutions are endless! However, as much as we say we are going to follow through with these ideas, most of the time our plans fall through.
Here are 5 reasons why you shouldn’t set new years resolutions.
- Long term goals seem unobtainable. Each day we do not achieve them, it leaves us feeling demotivated and unsuccessful. Instead, focus on the process. Set daily tasks so the more of them you do, the more determined you become to keep going.
- Goals, and dreams, don’t happen once a year. Follow the first bullet point, and you’ll end up achieving far more in the year, than just better health and fitness.
- Sometimes rules are meant to be broken. And your long term new year’s resolution goals may need to be tweaked and manipulated as you face different challenges along the way. If your health changes, for example, you may need to speed up and slow down your training schedule. Remain flexible and listen to what your body is telling you.
- Healthy is a lifestyle choice, not a one off goal. Make a permanent change in your routine and you’ll reap all the health & physical benefits of exercise.
- Stress! That’s all that new year resolutions may bring you. Perhaps your goal is not achievable in a year, or in a day. For example, going to the gym 3 days a week. You may not find the time, energy, or a gym close to home/work that’s affordable.
Chat to one of our fully trained health & fitness coaches about how to create a lifestyle plan to get you looking and feeling great in 2014 and beyond.
See the full range of treadmills, exercise bikes, vibration machines to suit your needs.