Easter is coming, it’s a great time to be with family and celebrate life but it’s also a time when we do Easter egg hunts and eat our body weight in chocolate.
There are some smart tips to avoid over eating sugar filled chocolate over Easter.
- Don’t bulk buy. Don’t overdo it with chocolate, you can get very excited and over do it with chocolate very easily. It’s better to buy less quality
chocolate compared to more less quality chocolate.
- Choose whole grain hot cross buns rather than white. They’re more filling and contain less sugar and carbohydrates.
- Small is smarter. Eating smaller quantities rather than cutting it out all together is actually healthier. Studies show that people who eat small amounts
of chocolate rather than cutting it out all together have a better BMI.
- Try chocolate with more cocoa than sugar. It is full of antioxidants, calcium and potassium, which will do a lot more for you health than a block of
chocolate packed with sugar.
- Try to exercise. Keep working out over the Easter period as you are eating more calories and need to make sure you’re still burning it off.
Easter is great time to get together and although it’s a holiday that’s heavy with chocolate, there are other options. Give these a go this Easter and
it’ll pay off.