When we have fitness equipment in our home, it gives us convenience, reliability, and flexibility. So even after a long day at work or looking after children, we can quickly jump on it and move our bodies for better health.
Sometimes it’s often put off because of time or energy. But even a quick workout can do a world of good, so here are some quick tips to get the most of out a run on a treadmill.
1. Look the part. There’s no need to rush out and stock up on a wardrobe full of Lorna Jane, but be sure to keep your workout wear handy. Wearing suitable clothing for speed and comfort helps put you in the right frame of mind and start feeling fit, even before you hop on.
2. Start slow. Before turning on the treadmill, warm up your entire body to help prevent injuries and get your body going. Try jumping jacks, stretching, or even some resistance training.
3. Fuel your body right. Ensure you are not exercising on an empty stomach, or eating a huge meal just before. Instead, try some pre-workout snacks that can give you enough of the right energy.
4. Hydrate. This is such a critical one that lots of people overlook. Dehydration can cause fatigue, muscle cramps, and headaches, so drink plenty of water throughout the day to give your workout its best chance of success.
5. Find ways to enjoy it. Most of us aren’t athletes and we’re not training to be. So start with a favourite program, and don’t be afraid to pace yourself. Turn on some tunes, set a goal of how far you’ll go or for how long, and try not to be a clock watcher.
How do you take care of yourself to get the best out of your workouts? Comment below to share with other fit friends.