As autumn comes into motion so do the cravings for soups and hotter foods. Winter is rolling around it’s time to get your body ready for the cooler
The best thing about pumpkin soup is that it’s so easy to make and there are very few ingredients.
- 1.2kg Pumpkin, chopped
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1L (4 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- Dollop of natural yoghurt
- Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Cut pumpkin into pieces (remove skins) while heating up the stock in large saucepan
- Add pumpkin to saucepan and cook until pumpkin is soft. Add cumin, garlic and chili flakes (optional) and stir until combined into stock
- Set aside to cool. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Ladle soup into bowls and add dollop of yoghurt. Serve with toasted Turkish bread.
As summer comes to an end it’s a great time to get your recipes ready for winter. Pumpkin soup is an easy and healthy way to avoid fattier foods over
the colder months.