Weight loss is a long-term commitment with your mind and body.
So to keep you motivated and to help you achieve your weight loss goals, here are the top ten weight loss tips for you:
1. Go for low fat dairy products. Dairy products are good source of protein & calcium. Calcium helps in preventing the absorption of fats in our body. This may help in weight loss. If you want more details about fats, you can read my articles on Types of fats
2. Often we check fat in the nutrition label, and ignore the sugar content, which are disguised as carbohydrates in some labels. It’s best to go for lowest amount of sugar in your diet. It’s just empty calories without any nutrition, a big hurdle in your weight loss journey.
3. Cut down or eliminate alcohol and fizzy drinks and switch to Green tea, which is loaded with anti oxidants. Make sure you drink plenty of fresh water. We all know that muscle is Protein + Water.
4. Avoid processed foods, and fast food such as pizza and burgers are full of empty calories and virtually has no nutritional value. Try to eat good carbohydrates such as oats, brown rice, and sweet potatoes and low starch vegetables with protein for dinner.
5. Exercise keeps your metabolism up and you end up spending more calories. Your RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) increases with exercise, which means you burn more calories even when you are resting. If possible, try to do weight training with help of a professional personal trainer or fitness expert. Weight or vibration training will help you to gain lean muscle mass, which means your body will burn more calories thereby helping loosing weight.
6. Portion Control is very important for weight loss as well as weight gain. Try to eat at least 5-6 meals in a day. By eating small portions throughout the day, your digestive system is not overstressed and it helps in keeping your metabolism up and in loosing weight as well.
7. Never skip your breakfast. Your body has been without food for 8-10 hours, so fuel it in the morning to have an energetic start of the day. Try to include eggs, oats, milk etc in your breakfast. Skipping breakfast or any other meal would not help you loose weight.
8. Fibre makes you feel full and also takes care of your bowel system. Try to include fibre in your diet. When you feel full, you will have less craving for sugar and other junk food.
9. As fibre, lean Protein helps you keep full for longer periods, and prevents sugar cravings and energy falls. It maintains and builds muscle mass, and as already mentioned above good muscle mass is crucial in the fat burning and weight loss process.Try to consume protein rich food with every meal.
10 Mind is the most powerful thing in this universe. If you believe you can achieve your weight loss goal, you can. If you think you cannot do it, you can’t. With all the hard work, dedication and diet, try to visualise your dream body in your mind everyday and feel it. Mind Power helps in everything including weight loss.