Setting up and using your treadmill: Safety First
Share This Article
Staying safe at all times is paramount when we are using a treadmill and storing it. Here are our top seven things you can do to help ensure your safety and the safety of others who may come into contact with your treadmill:
- Always read the instructions of your new treadmill carefully before using it for the first time.
- Always ensure that there is plenty of empty space directly behind your treadmill just in case you might have to jump off quickly.
- Always adjust the speed of the treadmill's walking belt in slow increments.
- Always wear appropriate walking or running shoes while using the treadmill.
- Always keep young children away from your treadmill while it is in use.
- Always keep the treadmill's safety/operating key hidden away from children when the treadmill is not being used.
- Fold up your treadmill after you have finished with it to store it safely.