We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But unfortunately some options available to us can be loaded with refined sugar and empty calories. Instead, opt for nutritious but simple ways to fuel our bodies with the good stuff which gives us sustained energy throughout the morning.
Try these 7 delicious low calorie toast ideas to have any day of the week. Opt for wholegrain bread for the most nutritional value. Plus they are super easy to prepare.
- Ricotta With Strawberries - Ricotta is a lower fat cheese alternative, and also gives you a hit of heart-healthy omega-3's.
- Vegemite - dose of B12, folic acid, and niacin.
- Bruschetta - dice up tomato, Spanish onion, basil and capsicum. And drizzle a touch of olive oil if you wish.
- Cottage Cheese (add cucumber for extra goodness) - contains protein, which fills you up and helps keep you full for longer. And protein, which is a great source of energy
- Hummus - ridiculously high in protein, that will help fight hunger cravings and lower blood sugar levels
- Avocado and Tomato - Avocados are a good source of fibre, potassium, and vitamins C, K, folate, and B6. Not to mention, an excellent source of healthy fats. Paired with tomato, and you've got a match made in heaven.
- Egg - eggs on toast is a great source of protein, B vitamins, and choline, which means if you have them for brekkie you'll have better concentration throughout the day.
Got a great breakfast idea? Comment below to let us know!